Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Yoko Nishigori -- Furimukeba Mata(振り向けばまた)


Had to dig quite a bit for just the basics for this song but since I really like the nostalgic sound for Yoko Nishigori's(西郡よう子)"Furimukeba Mata" (Turning Around Again), it was worth the effort. I had to go to the JASRAC database to find out that it was Nishigori herself who wrote and composed this 4th and final single.

And then I had to attempt to track down the year that "Furimukeba Mata" had been released. The best that I could do was make an educated guess. According to the Popcon site, she had that big hit with her 3rd single "Kono Ai ni Ikite"(この愛に生きて)in 1978 but then retired initially in 1980 after having released those 4 singles and 1 album. So I guess I will go with 1979.

As for the song itself, I like "Furimukeba Mata" for that sophisticated and languid feeling of exotic climes. Could use a glass of Cinzano for this one. I guess Nishigori can be included in that Fashion Music sub-genre that I've placed Asami Kado(門あさみ)and Ruiko Kurahashi(倉橋ルイ子)in. Incidentally, Kurahashi also did a cover of "Kono Ai ni Ikite".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.